Job vacancy: Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: £26,000 - 3 year fixed term contract (6 month probationary period)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Place of work: Merseyside & Cheshire
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Community Wellbeing Officers
Purpose of post: We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager to play a lead role in the design and implementation of a National Lottery Reaching Communities funded programme that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in Halton, St Helens and Knowsley.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive programme of educational and social inclusion courses and activities for people who may have a range health and social needs.
They will be responsible for managing a frontline staff team to ensure the successful attainment of project targets and will monitor the implementation of the project and will evaluate its effectiveness working with a wide range of partners in the health, social care and the voluntary sector.
- To work with a wide range of partners in the public sector including, health, social care, housing and the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector to design, develop and implement the service.
- Line manage a small staff team who will be responsible for delivering the project.
- To use project management tools and techniques to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the project reporting to a steering group and the Senior Management Team at regular intervals.
- To produce regular evaluation reports by analysing qualitative and quantitative evaluation data.
- To monitor project budgets and coordinate the allocation of resources in accordance with key project priorities, liaising with the Finance Manager and Senior Management Team.
- To be the accountable lead person for monitoring the outcomes and targets of grants/contracts, updating the Senior Management Team and producing update reports
- To work with the Senior Management team to acquire new contracts and grants in line with the organisation’s business plan in order to sustain the project longer term.
- To represent the organisation externally, building local and regional networks, and to raise the profile of the organisation.
- To be committed to equal opportunity and to developing an in-depth knowledge of the way in which the wider determinants impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities.
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises CIC’s core values: People, Place and Partnerships and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required, and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the postholder/s at the appropriate time.