Job vacancy: Community Wellbeing Officer
Job Title: Community Wellbeing Officer
Salary: £19,500 (12 months fixed term contract with 6-month probationary period and possible extension)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Place of work: Liverpool City Region, including Warrington
Responsible to: Services Manager
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November
Purpose of post:
Wellbeing Enterprises are looking for passionate and empathic individuals with experience to undertake community-led work, engaging residents across the Liverpool City Region in health and wellbeing activities.
The successful candidate will be working collaboratively and creatively with local citizens, NHS organisations, social care teams, General Practitioners, VCFSE Sector and wider stakeholders to generate better health outcomes for individuals and communities.
- Undertake holistic one-to-one assessments of people’s needs and strengths in order to identify and address social barriers to health and wellbeing
- Deliver evidence-based interventions and training to citizens and wider stakeholders
- Coordinate and deliver a varied range of fun, educational and social inclusion courses/activities to members of the public.
- Work collaboratively with citizens and stakeholders to support local action plans that address social needs and create opportunities to improve health and wellbeing.
- Work closely with clinical teams to implement person and community centred health approaches that are fully integrated with public sector provision.
- Enable and support citizens to make positive changes to improve health and wellbeing outcomes and improve peoples’ life chances.
- Actively participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings and collaborate with professionals from a wide range of sectors to complement existing efforts to improve health and wellbeing outcomes. Ensuring seamless links between services.
- Collaborate with citizens, public sector organisations and voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations to ensure the service is co-designed and co-delivered, and harnesses local physical assets and the strengths and capabilities of local people.
- Play a crucial role in the monitoring and attainment of key targets associated with the National Lottery Reaching Communities Grant, using a range of validated qualitative and quantitative methods
- Recruit, induct, train and support volunteers
- General administration duties, for example data-inputting, production of promotional materials and making/receiving phone calls
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises CIC’s core values: People, Place and Partners
The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the post holder/s at the appropriate time.