Job vacancy: Community Wellbeing Officer
Job Title: 2 x Community Wellbeing Officer
Salary: £19,500 (12 months fixed term contract with 6-month probationary period and possible extension)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Place of work: Halton
Responsible to: Senior Wellbeing Officer
Closing Date: Monday 24th February 2020
Purpose of post:
Wellbeing Enterprises are looking for passionate and empathetic individuals to co-design and deliver social prescribing provision in the borough of Halton.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering one-to-one holistic assessments of needs and strengths with patients; providing a range of educational and social inclusion activities and signposting patients to a wide range of support services in the community. The post holders will be integrated with GP Practices in the Halton area and will work with a diverse range of sectors in the public, private and voluntary, community and social enterprises sectors.
- Undertake holistic one-to-one assessments of people’s needs and strengths to identity and address the personal and structural barriers impacting on health and wellbeing
- Deliver educational and social inclusion opportunities for citizens which build life skills and social connections
- Work collaboratively with citizens and stakeholders to support local action plans that address social needs and create opportunities to improve health and wellbeing.
- Work closely with clinical teams to implement person and community centred health approaches that are fully integrated with public sector provision.
- Enable and support citizens to make positive changes to improve health and wellbeing outcomes and improve peoples’ life chances.
- Actively participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings and collaborate with professionals from a wide range of sectors to complement existing efforts to improve health and wellbeing outcomes. Ensuring seamless links between services.
- Collaborate with citizens, public sector organisations and voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations to ensure the service is co-designed and co-delivered, and harnesses local physical assets and the strengths and capabilities of local people.
- Monitor the attainment of key performance indicators using validated qualitative and quantitative methods
- Recruit, induct, train and support volunteers
- General administration duties, for example data-inputting, production of promotional materials and making/receiving phone calls
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises CIC’s core values: People, Place and Partners
The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the post holder/s at the appropriate time.