Job vacancy: Children & Young People Project Manager
Salary: £20,000 pa (12 months fixed term)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Place of work: Halton
Responsible to: Services Manager
Closing Date: Thursday 16th January 2020
Purpose of Post: We’re looking for a passionate and empathic individual with qualifications and/or experience in youth and/or community-led work to play a crucial role in the delivery of a Children in Need Funded project that will support children and young people to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Building young people’s emotional health & resilience
- To support children and young people to co-design and delivery a range of creative and educational projects using asset based community approaches.
- To support children and young people to hold community resilience events to showcase their talents, skills and experience.
Building young people’s life skills and promoting self-efficacy
- Deliver a rolling programme of psycheducation and social inclusion programmes designed to reduce symptoms of mental illness and promote wellbeing to young people across Halton.
- To train young people to co-deliver life skill courses to other young people.
- To recruit, induct, train and support young people as peer mentors to support the delivery of the project.
- To deliver a community navigation service which entails developing personalised wellbeing plans with children and young people and connecting them to a raft of community based support to help them get their needs met.
The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the postholder/s at the appropriate time.