Job vacancies: 2 x Wellbeing Care Coordinator
Job Title: 2 x Community Wellbeing Officer
Salary: £21,892 - £24,157
Hours: 36 hours per week
Place of work: Halton
Responsible to: Services Manager
Closing Date: Friday 2nd October 2020
Purpose of post:*
Wellbeing Enterprises (WE) is recruiting two new Wellbeing Care Coordinators to provide extra time, capacity, and expertise to support asylum seekers and other groups (e.g. homeless people) who may be vulnerable in Runcorn. The successful post holders will support patients in preparing for or following up on clinical conversations they have with primary care professionals within Runcorn Primary Care Network (PCN). They will work closely with GPs and other primary care professionals to identify and manage a case load of identified patients, making sure that appropriate support is made available to them and their carers, and ensuring that their changing needs are addressed.
The post holders will provide 1 to 1 support, review needs and strengths, and provide signposting and brokerage support to connect patients to a wide range of support services available locally. WE is looking for individuals who prioritise patients’ needs first and foremost, who are experienced at teamwork and who show personal attributes of compassion, friendliness, and tenacity.
- Proactively identify and work with a cohort of people to support their personalised care requirements, using the available decision-making support aids.
- Provide practical assistance so that patients can overcome barriers to accessing timely clinical support and treatment.
- Bring together all of a person’s identified care and support needs and explore their options to meet these into a single personalised care and support plan, in line with PCSP best practice.
- Help people to manage their needs, and develop their strengths and capabilities, answering their queries and supporting them to make appointments.
- Support people to take up training or employment, and to access appropriate benefits where eligible / appropriate.
- Raise awareness of shared decision making and decision support tools and assist people to be more prepared to have a shared decision-making conversation.
- Ensure that people have good quality information to help them make choices about their care.
- Providing drop-in sessions, brief interventions and signposting support.
- Support people to take positive steps to improve their health and wellbeing levels including use of a range of validated health metrics.
- Assist people to access self-management education courses, peer support or interventions that support them in their health and wellbeing.
- Explore and assist people to access personal health budgets where appropriate.
- Provide coordination and navigation for people and their carers across health and care services, alongside working closely with Community Wellbeing Officers, health and wellbeing coaches and other primary care roles.
- Support the coordination and delivery of MDTs within PCNs.
- Monitor the attainment of key performance indicators (KPIs) using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- General administration duties, for example data-inputting, production of promotional materials and making/receiving phone calls.
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises CIC’s core values: People, Place and Partners.
*The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the post holder/s at the appropriate time.