Award Winners of the Winter Wellbeing Grant fund announced
We are delighted to announce the winners of Wellbeing Enterprises Winter Wellbeing Grant fund. The initiative offered grants of up to £500 to individuals and / or organisations who would like to undertake projects that aim to improve the wellbeing of people living and working in Halton during the winter months. In total seven community projects have been awarded funding through the initiative. These projects will be taking place between now and spring 2021.
Mark Swift, Chief Executive Officer at Wellbeing Enterprises said "We are delighted to support local organisations and individuals who have ideas for social change in the Halton borough. The quality of applicants was excellent and we are very excited to see these funded projects launch over the coming weeks and months and importantly having a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of people living and working locally".
Successful applicants of the Winter Wellbeing fund are:
- The Women’s Centre. Providing craft packs to 60 women in the Halton borough throughout lock down
- St Augustine’s Parents Association. Providing over 100 primary school aged children with mindfulness / wellbeing packs
- Girl Guides. Funding for a Biodegradable Arts Installation
- Night Stop Communities Northwest CIC. Providing IT equipment and phone credit for vulnerable children and young people
- Wonky Gardens. Gifting fresh flowers to 150 elderly people in the borough
- X Hail. Online X Hail Meditation sessions for adults living and working in the borough
- The Studio, Birds of Hope Project and accompanying art installation
Wellbeing Enterprises will be launching a Spring / Summer Wellbeing Grant scheme later in the year. Please keep a look out for more information about this grant initiative on Wellbeing Enterprises' website in due course.