Wellbeing Enterprises CIC
Job Description and Person Specification
Job Title: Community Wellbeing Officer
Salary: Salary: £19,500 (2-year fixed term contract with 6-month probationary period)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Place of work: Merseyside and Cheshire
Responsible to: Services Manager
Purpose of post:
We’re looking for a passionate and empathic individual with qualifications and/or experience in community-led work to play a crucial role in engaging patients and communities in health and wellbeing activities. The successful candidate will be working collaboratively and creatively with local NHS Hospital Trusts, primary care, patients, clinicians and wider stakeholders to generate better health outcomes for patients.
- Undertake holistic one-to-one consultations with patients that address the social determinants of health
- Deliver evidence-based interventions and training to patients, staff, and clinicians
- Coordinate and deliver a varied range of educational and social inclusion courses to members of the public.
- Work collaboratively with patients and clinicians to implement local action plans that address health needs and create opportunities for patients to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Work closely with clinical teams around utilising community centred approaches to improve the health and wellbeing of patients
- Enable and support individuals to change their behaviour to improve their health
- Actively participate in clinical Multi-Disciplinary meetings, Patient Group meetings and attend wider networking opportunities; developing opportunities to work with others and supporting integrated working
- Play a crucial role in the monitoring and attainment of key targets for Wellbeing Enterprises’ contracts, using a range of validated qualitative and quantitative methods
- Recruit, induct, train and support volunteers
- General administration duties, for example data-inputting, production of promotional materials and making/receiving phone calls
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises CIC’s core values: People, Place and Partners
The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, we will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the post holder/s at the appropriate time.
Closing Date 12th June
Interview dates 17th June